Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Virginia, Alexandria - Wednesday, July 3, 2013, Old Town Alexandria


Happy Birthday to granddaughter, Mackenzie!! 
Once again we got on the Metro this morning and headed for the King Street stop to get us into Old Town Alexandria.  Robyn and Maddie picked us up at the Metro station and we went walking through this lovely old town with many modern amenities.

 


Shops line both sides of the street, many of them catered to our good tastes but not our pocketbooks.  I did find a little tea and spice shop where I was able to pick up just a small quantity of ground ginger.  I have a spice rack with lots of spices but I need small quantities instead of the large jars they sell in grocery stores.  When we moved into the RV I brought small quantities of all the spices I had.  Our spice rack (cabinet) might be a topic for another blog.
Old Town goes down to the Potomac River where we were able to look across to see the Capital Building, but it was kind of hazy for a good picture.



There is an old torpedo factory there on the dock that has been made into a place where various artists have shops.  Also lots of nice restaurants.
 

We all met up with son-in-law Jason for dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the harbor (the name escapes me right now).  I wish I had a camera with audio to capture Maddie’s eye-roll and sigh of “wow” when Papaw shared one of his churros (cinnamon and sugar fried donut) with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment