Monday, July 1, 2013

Maryland, Lothian - Monday, July 1, 2013, Duncans Family Campground


We are located about 30 minutes from downtown Washington, DC.  We are here mainly to spend some time with daughter Robyn and family.  They came over yesterday just after we got set up.  We intended to have hamburgers on the grill, but the rain is following us!  We ended up skillet frying the burgers to go along with some potato salad I made Saturday.

I ended up getting the head cold Greg was fighting last week, so we’ve been a little under the weather.  Feeling better now except for a nagging tickle that makes me cough.  It’s been a good excuse to be very lazy.

The campground has a shuttle into the Metro station so we are going to take advantage of that in the morning to do some sightseeing, so maybe my next few posts will be a little more interesting.
This is our view when we sit outside under the side awning.



The weather here is hot and very humid.  It was one of those days when the air just feels like it is sitting on you.  I didn’t realize how true that was until I snapped this picture, the air is so thick it is hazy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment