Saturday, July 13, 2013

North Carolina, Concord - Saturday, July 13, 2013 - Last Day in Concord, NC


We are getting ready to leave in the morning – headed to Maggie Valley, NC for the next week.  Got laundry done this morning, cleaned out the fridge and made out a grocery list.  Found out I had everything I needed to make a chicken pot pie which turned out pretty good.
I spent some time looking for books online.  Found a spot where the Taste of Home Slow Cooker Cookbook was free, so I downloaded it.  I need to find 365 Ways to Cook Chicken, I forgot to bring that cookbook with me and I want my recipe for chicken picatta – right now I just wing it when I make it.  I get close but it’s just not quite the same.  I previously had a whole wall of shelves with cookbooks – we are talking lots of cookbooks!  I brought 12-15 of them with me, the rest are in storage for right now (we still have a 5x8 storage unit).  The goal is to pick out the recipes I’ve used or would like to try and get them onto the computer so I don’t have hard copy books.  That will come after the photo organization is finished.

I spent more time than I would like to admit on Pinterest pinning new recipes to try – that site could be addictive.  And, if I try all of the recipes I found interesting we’ll have to figure out how to widen the door on this motor coach.
We are looking forward to meeting up with our friends, Barbara and Ann while in Maggie Valley.  They are sisters from Tennessee who also spend time in Maggie Valley each year.  They are driving down for a couple of days to show us where the locals go.

No comments:

Post a Comment