Sunday, November 30, 2014

Arizona, Mesa - Sunday, November 30, 2014 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


We got our Christmas present to us today – a new wall behind the TV.  We went to Lowes and picked up the tiles and everything we needed to install them.  Pictures to follow.
We also decided we have had enough turkey for a while.  We’ve had turkey casserole and turkey salad from the leftovers and we still have some to use up.  A visit to Red Lobster was a nice change.

We’ve finished our Christmas decorating.  We walked to CVS this morning and they had some pretty wreaths.
 
 
They also had cotton for the “snow” for my mini nativity set.  I’ve had this set for years, it is very small, but also very heavy, it is made of lead.  I’ve searched many places to try to find a stable setting to go with it but everything is just too big.


The tallest of the figurines, one of the three wise men is just two inches tall.  Joseph is about an inch tall.



I also have with us some of my Christmas themed Precious Moments figurines that the kids have given me over the years.  I can’t have the whole collection with me but these bring me great joy.


We took a walk around the resort after dark this evening and found a few festive folks, but not nearly as many as we were expecting.  These three are all what's called a "park model" rather than being an RV.  They sell these to people who want to winter in the resort but either don't own or don't travel by RV.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment