Friday, November 21, 2014

Arizona, Mesa - Friday, November 21, 2014 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


Congratulations to the Rensselaer, IN Bombers football team, they will be going to the state championship at Lucas Oil Stadium next weekend.  Son A.J. called and let us know the game was being televised tonight, we were able to get the fourth quarter on the computer.
Yesterday we went shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner.  We decided to have dinner at home rather than participate in the resort pitch-in.  I’m going to try cooking a turkey breast in the crock pot, thanks to Pinterest I have a couple of different recipes to choose from.

This morning we went up to the indoor pool to check out a water exercise class for men and women both.  We’ll give it a try next week.  I took some Christmas ceramic pieces that I need to have fired over to the ceramic/pottery building.  I met the lady who does the china painting classes-made me think about how talented the kid’s great grandmother Nellie Keesling was.  She did such beautiful china painting.  She even managed to coax a couple of decent projects out of me, one I’m going to be framing before too long to put in the bedroom.
We are trying to decide what activities we want to participate in for the next few months.  Yesterday I attended a Functional Fitness class for an hour.  We used two five pounds weights and I was pretty tired after that was over.  Today I went to a Zumba class.  I’ve never been to a Zumba class and I think after a while I will enjoy it but I’m really sore this evening.  I am familiar with some of the Latin dancing steps, but it’s been a while since I’ve done them.  An hour of moving and jumping around about got the best of me – and I’m never going to be able to move like the instructor J.
While I’ve been attending these classes Greg has been taking advantage of his new bicycle.  They will have a new fitness center open on December 1 and he is planning on spending some time there.

I went home after Zumba and Greg had lunch ready so we could eat before we went shopping.  It was all I could do to throw my leg over the motorcycle to get on and we had four stops to make.  We found a farmer’s market that is popular out here called Sprouts.  They specialize in fresh vegetables, organic produce, bulk granolas and nuts – something a little different than the normal grocery we go to.

We stopped at Camping World to get a new awning bracket to replace the one that was broken in the accident earlier in the month.  We finally made contact with the adjuster for the insurance company of the woman that hit us.  Now we have to get an estimate on the damage and send it to her.
Next stop was JoAnn Fabrics to get a rotary cutter, some thread and Christmas themed material so I can try my hand at some simple quilting next week.

Last stop was Harley Davidson.  They have a new tie down kit that fits on the bike for transport that should make it even more secure and easier on the bike than all of the straps we use now.  Also had to pick up a kickstand pad since someone (me) forgot to pick ours up when we went to the NASCAR race.  Greg wanted a Mesa, AZ t-shirt and I spotted a 75% off rack that had a lightweight jacket in just my size, at that rate I didn’t feel too bad about buying it.
Tomorrow morning all of the food service staff people have a mandatory meeting so there will be no sleeping in for my sore muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment