Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Arizona, Mesa - Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


First off we want to say “thank you” to all veterans.
My favorite veteran and I had to work today, but just 4 hours.
 
 
After working 8 hours yesterday these two were our best friends last night.  Today we both felt better than we thought we would.


There was a special recognition program for veterans here today.  The Cactus Grill had an all-American special after the program – hamburgers and cheeseburgers with fries and a small soft drink.  We had so many people come through the line they ran out of French fries (had to sub potato chips) and had to turn back a few because they ran out of hamburgers.  No estimate yet on how many people we had but there was a lot.

When we first come to work at 10:00 we have to make sure all of the tables on the patio are wiped off and the containers for salt, pepper, napkins and silverware are full, there are about 50 tables.  Greg stocks the ice machines while I wrap silverware in napkins.  Today Greg helped man the buffet serving line while I was responsible for keeping the soft drinks coming.  We stopped serving about 1:30 and cleaned up the tables again before we left at 2:00.  We get a free meal each day that we work, we opted for their huge taco salads today as soon as we got off - which means we can have a light supper this evening.
They also had a bake sale today with proceeds going to a local veteran’s organization.  I had intended to take cupcakes with red, white and blue decorations.  I made the icing earlier in the week, I just needed to bake the cupcakes last night and I hate to admit it, but I just didn’t have the energy.  So, after we got home today I made the cupcakes for my veteran.  They don’t have the huge spiral of icing like the ones you get from a bakery, but I didn’t really think we needed that much icing.  I also didn’t ice all 24 of them, some went in the freezer for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment