Friday, December 5, 2014

Arizona, Mesa - Friday, December 5, 2014 - Our New Wall


We worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  Those three days we didn’t do too much that was blog worthy, in fact they could be summed up in five words – worked, napped, ate, showered, slept.
When we arrived in Arizona we forgot to mention to these desert dwellers that rain seems to follow us.  It hadn’t rained here for over 40 days before we got here.  We’ve been here less than a month and it rained 3 days this week, not just sprinkles but an overnight easy rain.  Some of the people we work with at the grill who don’t live in the resort were saying, “I can’t believe it, it rained at my house last night, it never does that!”

 
On Thursday we started work on our new wall.  This was what was bugging me, I could see about six inches of this when I looked at the TV.  I know, some of you would just say “let it go”.  Greg is so understanding and tries to fix these things that bother me and makes my world as close to perfect as possible.


This is what the wall looked like before.  You can see in the background that I was also doing laundry.


This is all the stuff we’ll have to tile around.


This is the strategy counter.  Which tiles need to be trimmed and will we get it right when we turn it over to cut on it?


The ugly tape is gone.


Work is progressing.  We need to make another trip to Lowe’s to get a couple more tiles so we can finish out all the way to the cabinet on the right.


This is the mostly finished wall.  We haven’t grouted it yet and we may not, kind of like it like it is.  I don’t think the wall photographs as pretty as it really is.  When the flash goes off more shine is created than is normally there. 


Greg did so well on the detail, I just couldn’t be more pleased.  He did mention in the progress of doing this wall that he didn’t want to do this for a living.

 
 
 
This morning I went to the Fiber Arts Center and tried my hand at some beginning quilting.  With a lot of help from Colleen who was teaching the class I ended up with this table runner top.  I still have to back it and quilt it then Colleen will show me how to bind it.


I told Greg about the really cool sewing machine I got to use at the center.  He said, “I was afraid of that” and just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment