Saturday, October 12, 2013

Texas, San Antonio - Saturday, October 12, 2013 - Travelers World RV Park


Yesterday and today have been spent just hanging around the coach.  The temperatures are in the high 80’s, low 90’s and the humidity has gone from a comfortable 30% when we arrived to 70% which is pretty uncomfortable.  We were in the campground office earlier today and the lady there said a cold front was coming in next week and it was going to get really chilly – 70 degrees during the day and 50’s at night!  We told her we thought that was just right.

We decided today wouldn’t be a good day to do any sightseeing since they were cautioning on the news last night that I-35 which goes right through San Antonio would be very congested because of people going to the Texas-Oklahoma football game.  Sitting in traffic in 90 degree weather on a motorcycle is not pleasant, so we decided to stay at home.

I’ve kept busy doing some cooking.  I made a big pot of ham and beans.  I froze two quarts for later and kept one for this week.  I made homemade cornbread to go along with that.  I cooked chicken for future chicken and noodles and a chicken casserole; sausage and rice for a stuffed pepper casserole; pork in the slow cooker for barbeque sandwiches and enchiladas.  I had frozen some raspberry puree earlier in the year when raspberries were in abundance so I made some raspberry jam today.  The last thing was to make a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies.  I baked 8 of them and froze the rest of them for later.  We’ll eat well for quite a while on that.

This evening the campground hosts held a steak fry.  You bring your own steaks and cook them on a couple of large grills they had set up.  For $3.50 per person they provided salads, loaded baked potatoes and chocolate cake and drinks.  I forgot to take my camera so I don’t have any pictures to share.  We met several of the other travelers here and had a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment