Friday, October 18, 2013

Texas, San Antonio - Friday, October 18, 2013 - River Walk


We walked on the River Walk again today.  I wish I had known that this was here when we first got to the campground.  We walked a mile today.  We really should have taken pictures of the sidewalk markers that indicated mileage because I know there are some of you who won’t believe we walked that far.  We need to bump it up, I know.  It’s rare that we have someplace with so many nice views to walk.


We walked in the opposite direction today.  The landscape wasn’t quite as manicured, but still had a lot of places to stop and sit or have a picnic.
 
There were more informational areas on this section.  At one I found out that these white birds are great egrets.
 
 
 
Now, I need to find out what this bird is, there was some bright orange under his wing when he took off.
 
 
I liked the coloring on this duck.
 
Wildflowers were also more abundant here.  I thought it was strange that there weren’t more butterflies.  We did see a lot of dragonflies in one area, but I have to tell you that the dragonflies here are pretty puny next to the ones in Kansas.  I swear the Kansas dragonflies were the size of hummingbirds or bigger!
 
 
 
More turtles were out sunning.
 
Sometimes there just aren’t enough rocks in the river.
 
One thing we didn’t take advantage of was the ability to rent a bike.  I think this is a really neat idea.  They have these stands all over downtown also so you can rent a bike and ride anywhere on the River Walk or anywhere else I guess.  You just drop it back off at a bike stand when you are done.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment