Monday, October 21, 2013

Texas, San Antonio - Monday, October 21, 2013 - Last Day in San Antonio


We didn’t do a lot over the weekend – mostly watched baseball and football.  Then there was an NCIS marathon on TV so that kept us pretty busy.  The weather was overcast and dreary so it all worked together perfectly.  I had done some cooking ahead so I didn’t even have to get off the couch to cook.
So today we hit the River Walk again to get the blood flowing.

 
We saw some of the same strange black ducks we saw in Sioux Falls (the one we thought was drowning).


Today they demonstrated a little more odd behavior.  This one stood like this for several minutes.  The best we could figure was that he was drying out his feathers.
 
 
Although the weather was still overcast, it got into the high 70’s, the humidity was just a little high but not bad for walking.
 
 
This is another one of the shelters along the trail.


There is a golf course that has ground on both sides of the river so they have a special golf cart road that runs alongside the regular road on the bridge that crosses the river.


Once again lots of turtles were out sunning.


But we spooked a couple of them.  Uh, guys?
 
When we were walking back home we spotted this haunted RV as part of someone’s Halloween decorations.


I got to thinking today about our oldest grandson Tyler.  He turned 20 last month and I forgot to make special mention of that.  He’s grown up into a great young man.  He’s a dad now and has more responsibility.  I was thinking about our last big outing – a trip to Dubuque, Iowa in November of 2008 to the big farm toy show they have out there.  What a great time.  He was fifteen at the time and I remember him telling me that “next year when he got his license he could drive down and visit me all the time”.  I remember thinking that would be nice, but I knew that once he got his license, visiting grandma would be far from the top of his list, but that was ok.  Things change with time, but those special memories never fade.  I’m proud of him.
We’ll be headed to Houston tomorrow.  We couldn’t get into the campground we had originally picked.  But, the one we are headed to is new, so I’m anxious to see what it is like.  We’ll be there a week before heading to Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment