Monday, January 6, 2014

Florida, Jacksonville - Monday, January 6, 2014 - Pecan Park RV Resort


I got out my pedometer yesterday and put in a new battery so I could get started on my plan to walk more.  I was hoping to get in a mile and a half a day for a couple of weeks and then start bumping it up until I could make it for five miles.  I did the mile and a half yesterday.  I got in a mile and a third today before it started raining and blowing hard – I know I wouldn’t melt and I sure wouldn’t blow away, but I’m a wimp and headed home.
Greg got us prepared for the impending cold snap here.  He had to dig out the heated water hose and closed off the sewer hoses for a couple of days.  We can usually go for four days before we have to dump the tanks, so we should be good.  It’s supposed to get back into the 70s again by the weekend.  We’ve switched to the floor furnace from the heat pump in order to keep heat in the basement storage area and to keep the floors warmer.  I’m sure we are better prepared for a little cold weather than some of our neighbors.  Our next door neighbor came over last night and said they had never camped in cold weather before and was asking Greg’s advice.

Naturally they don’t have the water pipes winterized here so the campground guys are going around to the sites that don’t have RVs in them opening up the faucets to drip so hopefully they won’t freeze.  A lot of people took off from here this morning, I think heading south for warmer weather.  When it was 49 degrees here at noon, we looked at the temperature where we were supposed to be now before we got stuck in Jacksonville getting this fridge problem fixed – it was 79 degrees.  Norcold is really beginning to tick me off.  Norcold is where our fridge part is coming from.
I’m just hoping that all of the snow and frigid temperatures up north don’t delay our part shipment from Ohio.  It took them ten days to get the wrong part here in good weather, I can’t imagine what it will take in adverse weather!!

In all honesty, a refrigerator part seems like a small thing when I think about what our family and friends are dealing with in Indiana and Kansas.  Our thoughts are with you, please stay inside and stay warm.  Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Knock on wood. We have not had fridge problems yet. Most of our friends have. It is cold in extreme south TX now, too. 40 degrees right now, but it goes back to the 70s tomorrow. We are also thinking about the mess that our friends in Indiana are dealing with.

    ReplyDelete