Monday, January 20, 2014

Florida, Dover - Monday, January 20, 2014 - Our Christmas Present


We left the Florida Fairgrounds this morning and headed to the LazyDays RV Center just east of Tampa.  There we were going to meet up with a representative of WadeRV to get a new entryway rug made.  The one area of our coach that I haven’t liked is the entry area.


Today, I think we made a nice upgrade to it.  The main rug is custom fitted to our dash/chair area and the steps are covered in the same material from the outside in.  I didn’t really get a good “after” picture of the steps, will get that later.
 
 
This project took all day and we were glad to be done and on our way to the East Tampa RV Resort where we would have full hookups – something we have done without for quite a while.  All the time we were sitting at the RV service center waiting to get the fridge fixed we had an electric hook up but that was it.  The last three days we have been boondocking (no hook ups).  So, water conservation has been the key for quite a while.
I have to admit that I am not a “camper”; I’m a “traveler”.  I can deal with less than perfect conditions for a while, but let’s face it, I’m spoiled.  I like to sit outside and look at the stars, but I don’t want to sleep under them.  When the mosquitos start to come out I want to go inside where it is air conditioned and sleep in our king sized Sleep Number bed.

I also want lots of hot water and somewhere for that water to go.  I want a fridge that works (finally happening).  In other words I want to take all of the comforts of home with me wherever we go.  Tomorrow I’ll be doing laundry most all day.  Laundry and water conservation don’t go hand in hand, so I’m backed up at least a week and a half on laundry.
Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade this experience we are having, but lately there have been a few bumps in the road.  I saw a plaque in Cracker Barrel this morning that said, “The thing I like best about my home is who I share it with”.  How true.

1 comment:

  1. Dianne also insists on perfection :-). I often chide her (lovingly) with the phrase, "Aw, are things not perfect?"

    ReplyDelete