Saturday, May 23, 2015

North Carolina, Marion - Saturday, May 23, 2015 - RV Dreams Rally


HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO GRANDSON KYLE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DAUGHTER DESIRA AND SON-IN-LAW DAN
This is where we will be until next Sunday – The RV Dreams Rally at the Tom Johnson Camping Center in Marion, NC.  This is a reunion rally for people who have attended previous RV Dreams Rallies.  We’ve already had people from Minnesota and Alabama stop by for some lengthy discussions on living fulltime in an RV – good times.


I got the itch for a marathon cooking session on Thursday before we left Asheville.  I made ranch crackers, seasoned ground beef filling for some sandwiches we will take to a pot luck tomorrow night, cheesecake filling for some potential dessert, dried bread crumbs for future meat loaf, chocolate mayonnaise cake with a new recipe for brown sugar icing (yum) and a couple of crocks with Hawaiian ham and cheese spread.  It occurred to me as I'm writing this that if I am going to publish food pictures I should get better at food styling to make it look pretty.



When we left on Friday the weather was great and the scenery was beautiful.
 
 
Right before we got into Marion we came to some 6%-7% grades for several miles.  I won’t lie, these steep downgrades scare me.  Truck emergency ramps one after the other just don't give me confidence.   Greg and the coach both handle them well, we never have any trouble but I still hold my breath most of the way down.  I do that even in a car.



Lots of people are starting to gather for the rally.


This is the view from our front window.


Beyond the trees is a quiet river.



This morning everyone is getting registered and there will be a catered dinner this evening followed by a campfire.  The rest of the day is going to be spent just hanging out.  We didn’t sign up for any of the day trips some people will be taking.  We decided we would rather just get together to cuss and discuss the lifestyle we have chosen with other people who have done the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment