Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Texas, Canyon - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - Palo Duro RV Park


We aren’t in Kansas anymore.  We did go through Dorothy’s hometown of Liberal.  It was smelling really bad from the National Beef plant there so we had no desire to stop and look around.  We left Pratt about 1:30 after lunch with son David and grandson Tyler.  The sandy road we had to deal with to get out to paved road was dried out nicely so no problem there.  We went out to Pratt County Lake Campground to use their dump facility.  What a beautiful day!!
 


This is downtown Pratt, KS
 
 
 
This really wide brick road is from the time when cattle drives came through Pratt – needed lots of room for those longhorns.

Western Kansas is pretty green right now, they have had quite a bit of rain.
 
 
Some pretty views coming into Texas on Highway 70 south.
 
 
 
We are currently at Palo Duro RV Park.  This isn’t the park where we intended to go but it was getting late so we decided to stay overnight and head out to where we really wanted to be in the morning.  The park looks safe and we could get into a full service site for $25, but it is one of those parks where you know you really have no desire to stay for any period of time.

Yesterday I got a request from an RV rental company to write a post on our blog about why everyone should consider taking a vacation in a rented RV, for which they would pay me.  As we drove along today I decided that article was one I couldn’t write, not because I don’t support RV living but because I hadn’t done the RV rental vacation experience.  I can only write about what I know.  When we decided to do a blog we wanted to use it as our travel journal so we could go back and reminisce and to keep our family informed about where we are and what we are doing.  If people other than our family find what we write interesting, I’m flattered.
It makes sense to me that it would be a smart move for someone considering living fulltime in an RV to rent one to test the experience.  But, I didn’t do that.  When we left our sticks and bricks home for the last time, we went directly into our recently purchased motor coach.  It never occurred to me that this could be a failed adventure J

I’ve also never vacationed with my family in an RV.  We use our RV to spend quality time with our family at their spread out locations.  We’ve seen families camping together and it looked like they were having fun.  But, once again since I haven’t experienced it I can’t write about it with any conviction.  I felt kind of bad that I couldn’t write the article to promote RV living like they wanted because RV living is really wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment