Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Nevada, Las Vegas - Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - Hitching Post RV Park


We’ve not walked around the park yet.  But, I do know that the only reason I would want to come back would be to go to the drag races again.  It is the closest RV park to the drag race track, the prices are decent and we have full hookups.  The sites are kind of narrow if you have a motor coach with 4 slide outs like we do.  We had a little trouble getting maneuvered so we could get the bike off the lift.  There was a huge rock right where we wanted to go so we left the back of the coach in the road until we got the bike off.  There is actually nothing wrong with the site other than it is narrow.  The problem is that Nellis Air Force Base is not far away and we are right under their training flight pattern.  Several times a day the planes fly very low and are very loud.  I can tune things like that out when I’m busy, but if I was just wanting to kick back and relax I think it would bother me.
We spent the day cleaning.  Greg tackled the bike and the outside windows while I worked inside dusting, polishing and vacuuming.  We took a break mid-day to go get some groceries.

We did dig out the fall decorations.  We don’t do much for Halloween.  Got to have our scary bucket for treats.
 
 
The amethyst I got last week goes well with the purple “witchy” candleholder I got in Kansas.


Some fall decorations above the fridge.  The baskets are stuck up there with Velcro so they travel well.  I can just insert some flowers for the season to change it up a bit.  The teddy bear usually travels well, sometimes he takes a header off the fridge if we are on rough roads.


Our main decoration for any time of year is on the dash.  This is the fall theme this year.  This stuff has to be packed up when we move.



Right now we are watching the Kansas City Royals beat up on San Francisco.  Hope they can hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment