Thursday, August 15, 2013

South Dakota, Sioux Falls - Thursday, August 15, 2013 - Tower Campground


I’m sitting here trying to think of something I did today.  Seems the whole day got away from me and I didn’t do anything really productive.  The weather here was in the low 60’s and overcast with a breeze all day – just didn’t make us feel like getting out on the bike or even sitting outside.

I wanted to fix a pork roast so I would have pulled pork for enchiladas and some other dish yet to be determined.  Normally, I would have just put it in the crock pot and not given it another thought.  But, last night I read that you should have your crock pot at least half full and no more than two thirds full.  So, I decided to do it “right” today.  But, the large crock pot was too big and I couldn’t think of anything else I wanted to put in with the pork and the small crock pot was too little.  I decided to roast it – bad move, I shouldn’t have overthought the crock pot issue.  I don’t know if it was the convection oven or user error, but it took forever to cook, didn’t brown and I thought it ended up tough.  It was ok by the time I simmered it in seasoning for the enchiladas tonight.

Had something unusual happen today.  There are several kids in the campgrounds that ride their bikes and non-motorized scooters (the kind that you push with your foot).  We are on a bit of a hill so they can get them going pretty fast.  We were sitting inside this afternoon and heard a bump to the front of the coach and looked out the front window.  We had been hit head on by a small boy on a scooter.  Didn’t leave a mark on us, but I’m not sure about him.  He was up and gone before we got out of the coach.

I worked quite a bit on the recipe scanning project and looked through brochures on Sioux Falls to pick out some things to do in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment