Friday, August 23, 2013

South Dakota, Sioux Falls - Friday, August 23, 2013 - Bike Night


We took a picnic lunch to Falls Park and walked around for an hour or so.  Unfortunately my pictures didn’t turn out very good, the adjustment on the camera was off the setting I usually have it on and I didn’t notice it.  It was on a setting where I was supposed to be selecting the shutter speed and naturally I wasn’t doing that so they are mediocre at best.  We went up on an observation point on the opposite side of the river from where we were the last time we visited. 
 
 

I spent the afternoon experimenting with cleaners that would tackle hard water stains in the shower.  I know that Simple Green Lime and Scale Remover does a good job.  But, I’ve never found a place that sells it, I’ve always had to order it on line.  Liquid Bar Keepers Friend works well also, but once again hard to find sometimes.  I’ve used fabric softener sheets previously, but they are kind of hard to get in the tight places.  I tried white vinegar on one door and lemon juice on another.  The lemon juice does the best job and smells better!  I followed that up with the softener sheet and everything sparkles.  This method is probably “greener” also.

This evening we headed in to the Harley Davidson dealership for the 2014 Model Year Intro.  We were expecting it to be like the ones we have attended in Indiana – nope.  In Indiana they provide a large barbeque for customers – there were food vendors tonight where you could purchase your meal.  In last night’s blog I mentioned the merchandise discounts I was expecting – nope.  They were setting up for a corn on the cob eating contest but we decided to go home before things got out of hand there.
 
 

Even though it wasn’t what we were expecting, they did have a very large crowd and more were coming down the road as we left.

The new models are very nice, but we are sticking with ours that is paid for.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. To clean the glass doors on our shower in the motorhome I use the Mr. Clean Eraser sponges...works really well. Very little effort. You don't even have to rinse after since the sponges use very little water.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete