Saturday, August 3, 2013

South Dakota, Sioux Falls - Saturday, August 3, 2013 - Farmer's Market and Square Dancing


I’m writing this early since we are going to square dance this evening and I imagine I’ll be exhausted when we get home.  Looks like we may have someplace to square dance every weekend that we are here.
Need to wish a Happy Birthday to my brother Gary.  Wonder if he remembers the time brother Mike and I pushed him down a steep snow covered hill on a sled and got him stuck under a chain link fence?  He was probably only about 2 or 3 when we did it.

We went to Falls Park this morning to the Farmer’s Market.  Boy, is that a gathering place on Saturday morning!  They even have music, although I didn’t do a very good job of getting a picture of the combo that was playing.
 
We picked up some nice corn, beans, tomatoes and basil.  The basil wasn’t on the list but it looked so good I couldn’t resist.  I’ll make shrimp bruschetta tomorrow for lunch since we have fresh tomatoes and basil.

They had lots of beautiful flowers, vegetables and bakery items, but no fruit other than I saw about 4 muskmelons at one stand.
 
 

We drove through the Falls Park and it is very pretty.  We’ll have to go back and walk through so I can take some pictures.  The Sioux River runs through it and it looks like the falls are pretty spectacular.
I tackled one of the chores I had been dreading today – going through clothes and deciding which ones I wanted to keep.  You’d be surprised how many clothes I have with me – I was surprised how many clothes I have with me!  When we get to David’s in Kansas next month I’ll borrow his truck to take some things to Goodwill.  The only things I haven’t decided on are the white t-shirts, sweaters etc.  White clothes don’t fair too well sometimes in the water at campgrounds.  I’m going to make one last attempt at getting them sparkly white, if I fail they are gone.

Greg worked on some entertainment system changes this morning.  I think he just moved the two DVD players and hooked them up differently – not sure, I just stayed out of the way.  He seems pleased, so I am too.
We have decided to keep the mattress cover.  It’s thin enough we could double it up on my side.  Now I’m nice and cool and Greg is back to being comfortable also.

No comments:

Post a Comment