Friday, August 9, 2013

South Dakota, Sioux Falls - Friday, August 9, 2013 - Tower Campground


Yesterday we stuck around home, Greg worked on cleaning the outside of the coach and I cooked most of the day.  I made some chocolate chip cookies, the recipe said the “best” chocolate chip cookie recipe.  They are good, but I don’t think they are the “best”.  I didn’t think I would ever say this, but I think they have too many chocolate chips.
 
Next I decided to make some yeast rolls.  I don’t have a stand mixer anymore and I wasn’t sure how the hand mixer would handle it even though it has a bread hook.  These rolls are the first thing that I have noticed cooked differently in the convection oven as opposed to a regular oven.  They normally take 20-25 minutes, these took 14 and I probably could have taken them out at 12 or 13 minutes, I just couldn’t believe they were done.
 

I cooked a chicken in the crock pot on Wednesday.  So, I decided to make chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes for supper.  Kind of ironic that with all of the things I made from scratch (even peeled and mashed the potatoes) I ended up using frozen noodles – I hate making noodles.
Today, we treated ourselves to lunch at Cracker Barrel (used the gift card my former co-workers got me when I retired).  We haven’t eaten at Cracker Barrel since we left Indiana, it was pretty good.  After that we went to see a new movie, “We’re the Millers”.  It’s about a small time drug dealer who takes a job doing a big drug smuggling job from Mexico.  He decides he would be more likely to get across the border unquestioned if he was in an RV with his “family”.  He recruits his neighbor (Jennifer Aniston) as his wife and a couple of homeless teens as his kids.  It was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. Girl you are turning into a regular Betty Crocker in this RV! I don't think you can beat the regular Nestles chocolate chip recipe do you? Sounds like you are having a great time-we love hearing all your adventures.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right the original Nestles recipe is hard to beat. I think part of the problem was I used mini chips instead of regular size. The cookie batter froze well and I baked another six of them for us today - just what we needed. We are anxious to be on the road to Kansas but need to stay here for a while more to get all of our S. Dakota stuff taken care of. Thanks for the picture of the girls of '67, everyone looked great.

    ReplyDelete