Sunday, December 14, 2014

Arizona, Mesa - Sunday, December 14, 2014 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


It rained again Friday night and Saturday.  The temperatures have been a little cooler this weekend, in the 60s and are supposed to stay that way for the next week.  After that they are supposed to go back up to the 70s again.  Saturday night everything looked pink because the sky was so pink (and black).
 
 
We’ve got the Christmas potpourri working now.  We have a small crock pot that we use for hot dips that is just right for this also.  I save orange rinds when I peel them for breakfast and put them in the freezer so I have enough for the potpourri.


Saturday was cleaning day, it’s amazing how much dust gets in.  But, when you think about it even though Greg seals up as much as he can there are still going to be cracks we miss when four of our walls move in an out. 

I use suit and dress bags in the closet and those plastic shoulder covers to keep dust off the clothes.  I haven’t been able to find enough of the shoulder covers and I noticed that some of the clothes we hadn’t worn in a year or so had some dust on the shoulders so I decided to take all the clothes out of the closet and wash them so they would all be nice and fresh again.  That’s not going to happen again for a while, we were washing clothes all day Saturday while we were cleaning.  Thank goodness for having a washer and dryer in the coach or this wouldn’t have happened at all.
We have a double recliner on one side of the living area and a single recliner across from it.  Greg was sitting in the double recliner with the footrest up and I happened to notice there was quite a bit of dust under it.  I probably wouldn’t have noticed it in a living room where I was 15 to 20 feet away, but since this is closer quarters, it was pretty evident.  So, Greg got out the vacuum and started cleaning underneath it when he noticed that there was an area that was wearing out.  We spent an hour or so adding some stuffing and repairing the worn area before it got any worse, looks pretty good.

Today was cooking day so we will have something to eat if I don’t feel like cooking next week after we get off work.  I thawed some of the minute steaks son David sent with us when we were in Kansas.  The beef he raises is so lean and tender I’m looking forward to the steaks in mushroom/onion sauce.  We picked up some individual casseroles when we were out shopping last week.  That was one thing I got rid of when we downsized that I should have kept.  Today I filled them with chicken pot pies, they turned out really good.  My last project was a blueberry cobbler.
 
 
After standing all morning cooking I decided to get out the sewing machine this afternoon and quilt the table runner I pieced together last week.  Now I just need to have someone show me how to bind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment