Thursday, May 8, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Thursday, May 8, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


Beautiful day in the high 80s, low 90s.  But once again the winds are blowing pretty strong.  I dusted this morning and after having the windows open all day, it’s hard to tell I did anything.  I just can’t resist the fresh air – and it helps to keep the electric bill down.  I did enough to boost the electric bill without having the air conditioning on, I did laundry most of the day.
I’ve mentioned previously that we were at an RV-Dreams Rally April 29 to May 4.  If anyone reading this is thinking about living fulltime in their RV, I would definitely recommend attending one of these rallies put on by Howard and Linda Payne.  Nine years ago this couple dropped out of corporate life, sold the house and furnishings and went on the road.  Even though we have lived fulltime in our RV for three years now, we still pick up some good pointers.  The most fun for us is talking to people who are considering this lifestyle and answering their questions.

One of the things they have at the rally is an Open House of RVs, it’s strictly voluntary and we signed up.  We’ve made several changes in our coach to better reflect our preferences and people seem to want to see what you can do to make the RV a “home” rather than just sticking with what the manufacturer put in there.  They also like that the things we have done have been do it yourself projects.  Our coach was full of people for the two hours we had it open, all asking questions and taking pictures.
Two of the items that drew the attention of the ladies were some projects our son-in-law Michael helped us with.

We took out a front television and backed the space with wood that matched the rest of the wood in the coach and then we added a photo gallery.
 
 
I wanted some cubbyholes to corral small things I like to have ready access to while we go down the road.  It started out as a place to put my camera and grew.  I told Greg what I had in mind, he drew up the plan and Michael executed the plan. 


1 comment: