Monday, May 19, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Monday, May 19, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


Clean up day at the coach.  When we were at the rally in Sevierville several discussions popped up over the week regarding having a washer and dryer in the RV.  My vote goes for having one.  We have a stacked unit, I don’t know if I would like the combination washer/dryer, that concept just sounds weird to me.  It takes about an hour to wash a load and 80 minutes to dry.  I can wash a load about one half to 2/3 the size I was able to wash in my conventional washer.  The good thing is, we don’t have as much laundry to do any more.
I like being able to put in a load and go about vacuuming, dusting, etc.  I also prefer our own unit because I know it hasn’t been used by anyone but us.  I understand that having a washer and dryer is impractical if you are going to be boondocking (living without hookups).  Although we do that from time to time for a short period of time, we usually prefer to have full hook ups.  You would quickly deplete your electrical supply and fill up your gray tank without the full hookups.

The weather was so nice today, I had to have the windows open – so much for the dusting I did earlier.

One of the things we are going to have to do while we are in Indiana is to go through our storage unit.  We still have things in a 5x8 unit that is pared down from the 20x10 unit we originally had after we sold our house.
 
 
We went to the storage unit today to take a box of wine glasses.  I’ve decided that I have very little need for fancy stemmed wine glasses on the road.  I’ve decided to use that space in the coach for a dozen canning jars.  The small mouth ones can be used for beverages and I’m seeing some ingenious uses for the wide mouth ones on Pinterest J  We still have a few stemless wine glasses if we want to be fancier than canning jars.  I’m keeping my eyes open for some brushed stainless steel wine glasses I saw being used by several French Canadian couples we met in South Florida – they would be very practical for traveling.

While we were at the storage unit we dug out a picture of Greg when he was in his prime in tractor pulling.  Grandson Jackson wanted to see the picture of Papaw Greg after he saw some of his cousins participating in a tractor pulling event.
 
 
We sat outside this afternoon and enjoyed the antics of three young squirrels wrestling on the lawn.  As soon as I tried to take a picture, they stopped wrestling and just stood there.


I fixed Oriental Cole slaw to go along with the steaks Greg grilled for supper.  Had to finish out the evening watching Dancing with the Stars, I’m rooting for Meryl and Max.

1 comment:

  1. We have some stainless steel wine glasses that we use all the time when we travel. They came in a wine caddy that was a gift from my brother. We also use the wine caddy (shoulder strap) whenever we go to a happy hour. You could probably google stainless steel wine glasses and find them.

    ReplyDelete