Saturday, May 17, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Saturday, May 17, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resport


Today was a busy day, good thing, Greg says things are pretty slow when I have to write about a rolling pin J.  But, it’s a really good rolling pin.
This morning I met three fabulous ladies for breakfast.  Our group has been friends since high school and prior to that.  We try to meet once a month for breakfast or lunch when I am in town.  It takes about half an hour to eat and another hour and a half to catch up and to assure ourselves that we aren’t really as old as the calendar says.

I stopped on the way home for a little “retail therapy”.  I hadn’t bought anything new for my wardrobe for several months so I thought a little spiffing up was in order.  Luckily, I found some things on the clearance rack that fit the bill.  I just hate to pay full price for clothes.  Now I have to go through the closet and drawers and get rid of a few old things.  Greg says I can’t borrow a car anymore, I can’t be trusted out by myself.  This Indiana weather just isn’t cooperating with our plan to ride the motorcycle.  Thanks to son-in-law Michael I had a warm ride this morning.

I also picked up some plants while I was out.  I’m betting on the weather improving.
 
This evening we went to Indiana Downs to meet up with our friends Barbara and Ann.  They had one horse, Mr. Rooster, running this evening.  There is a wonderful buffet in the race track club house on Saturday evening and we ate until we were very stuffed.

When it was time to get ready for the race Mr. Rooster wasn’t real sure he wanted anything to do with the saddle.
 
He was looking good heading to the starting gate.


Unfortunately, tonight wasn’t his night to shine.  He stumbled a bit coming out of the gate and the race was too short for him to catch up after that.

The new Indiana Downs mascot, Grand Daddy, took a liking to Barbara.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment