Thursday, February 27, 2014

Florida, Moore Haven - Thursday, February 27, 2014 - M RV Resort


I went to the clubhouse yesterday for line dance lessons, I have 2 down pat and another 4 that I’m ok at.  I went to one of their actual line dances this evening and asked one of the instructors how many line dances there are.  She said, “I don’t know, we know about 400 of them”.  400!!!!  Don’t they ever use them for more than one different song?  I was hoping for about 6, maybe 12 all-purpose ones – for a fast beat you use this one, for a slow beat you use another, etc.

I worked on my cross-stitch project yesterday and was coming along quite nicely until I realized that somewhere back at the beginning of the session I missed a stitch.  So, I had to take out most of the stitches I had made and start over again.

I didn’t try the bicycle again yesterday, I was kind of sore and bruised from the day before.  I didn’t ever actually fall but there were quite a few times I stopped and the bike didn’t – it was ugly.  Last night I kept trying to picture myself being successful in riding this thing.  So, I tried again today.  I made Greg ride his back and forth in front of the coach and talk to me about what he was doing.  I got on my bike and tried to imitate what he was doing – it worked!  I was able to actually ride for a good distance and managed to stop it once smoothly, the rest of the stops were a little choppy, but it’s coming along.  No new bruises today.

This afternoon we attended a program put on by the Sherriff’s Department called “How Not to be a Victim”, it’s an NRA program and has some good information, most of it we were already aware of, but it never hurts to refresh your memory.  In Florida I find that it’s interesting that you can get in big trouble for firing a “warning shot”.  If you are going to discharge a firearm for personal protection, you better be able to hit them.

This resort has a lot of activities going on during the “snowbird season”.  We will definitely come back if we are in this area of Florida again.  This same family has resorts on Arizona so we are thinking about trying one of them next winter.

I tried a new crockpot chicken recipe this morning.  It smelled good, haven’t tasted it yet.  It was really simple – mix 1 T. paprika and 3 T. steak seasoning together and put on the inside and outside of the chicken and cook on low until temperature is 165 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment