Saturday, February 1, 2014

Florida, Dover - Saturday, February 1, 2014 - East Tampa RV Park


Greg installed the tire cover we made earlier in the week while I walked this morning.  I think it looks pretty good.  We’ll wait until we get to our next campground before we finish up the other three.  At least we know a little bit more about what we are doing for the next ones.
 
We decided to go out for lunch and do some shopping at Home Depot.  I’m looking for some stuff called gel-gloss to use on fiberglass showers and I thought it might make the countertops look nice also – can’t find it anywhere down here.  We also needed to get a utility knife, once again we’ve lost the one that I previously sucked up in the vacuum after we did the headboard remodel.  I’m running the vacuum again tomorrow, I’ll probably find it.  Greg got a track light for his next DIY project.  He wants to shine it on his car collection – pictures later.  I just couldn’t resist the beautiful tomato and herb plants they had.  We’ll do some container gardening at our next spot since we’ll be there 3 months.


With temperatures in the 80s today, it was just too nice not to spend some more time on the bike so we headed out to find “the strawberry shortcake place” highly recommended to us by our neighbor Mac.



We found it along with at least 50 other people who were there ahead of us in line.  I guess this place has been in business for 50 years and is supposed to be the largest strawberry and citrus market in Florida.
The line wrapped around the building so we got to watch them wash oranges while we waited.  They had the serving down to a science so it didn’t take too long.


I thought we were going to share, but Greg stated he had no intention of sharing so we ended up with two huge bowls of strawberries, cake and ice cream – it was delicious.  I was glad I didn’t have to share.  We may have to skip supper this evening.  These were $4.00 each with taxes. 


They had a nice place set up for people to enjoy their shortcakes.

 
 
 
Not only do they have strawberry shortcake, they have some very nice and reasonable produce.  We brought back all of this for $14.80.  The strawberries even smell like strawberries!!


When we got back to the campground the Met Life blimp was going overhead, I couldn’t get off the bike and get the camera out fast enough to get a really good picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment