Monday, June 9, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Monday, June 9, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


Greg is working on a project to provide more stability for the motorcycle while we are moving down the road.  He wanted to know if I wanted to go to the hardware store with him – I opted to stay home and cook instead.
I started out thinking about what to do with 3 overripe bananas and some chocolate I had left over from my strawberry dipping experiment a week or so ago.  I progressed to thinking about other things I could make from what I had on hand and I ended up cooking all day.

The first things finished were these cakes.  I split a recipe for a 9x13 pan between my two smaller pans.  The one on the left is just plain yellow cake with the leftover chocolate and walnuts on top.  The one on the right is loaded with a can of sour cherries (not pie filling).  The one on the right is going in the freezer for later.
 
 
A pizza for lunch came next – pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and cheese. 
 
 
I cut up vegetables for stir fry this evening and for this pasta salad.  I added pepperoni (a package of this stuff just seems to multiply), cheese and lots of veggies.  I didn’t have any bottled Italian dressing but I did have a couple of packages of the kind you have to mix with oil and vinegar so that worked.
 
 
I had to thaw chicken for the stir fry so I thawed some extra and made filling for chicken enchiladas later on in the week.


I still had those three bananas that started all of this so I decided to try the banana bread recipe I saw on the back of the flour bag.  The recipe said it made one 9” loaf or two 8” loaves.  I didn’t know what size my pans were so I guessed 8” and made two loaves.  You can see they are kind of short so obviously my pan is a 9” pan and I should have made just one loaf.  I turned out ok, I’ll just freeze one for later.


I do the stir fry outside because I don’t want to get spatters in the kitchen.
 
 
It turned out really good.  It feels good to sit down for a while.


When it comes to cleaning up after one of these marathon sessions, I think a dishwasher might have been nice.  But, the rest of the time I’m glad I have the extra storage instead.


While I was cooking, Greg was making great progress on his bike stabilizer.  He saw a couple of similar stabilizers on some bikes from Canada when we were at an RV rally in Syracuse, NY last year.  Those were purchased from somewhere but he was sure he could duplicate one.  Although we carry more tools than most RVers we don’t carry welding equipment and a couple of other tools that were needed for this project.  With some help from our friend Michael and Papaw Jack he was successful.

This bar will be bolted upright onto the lift for the motorcycle.
 
 
A connecting rod goes between the stabilizer bar and the handlebar of the motorcycle.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment