Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Texas, Ft. Stockton - Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - Ft. Stockton RV Park


We haven’t stopped here before, but are pretty impressed.  This is a former KOA which we normally avoid because some of them are kind of uncared for.  This one seems to be doing a booming business and is very well kept.  We will be here for the night in site 49.



The Texas Hill Country between San Antonio and here has some pretty scenery, lots of wide open spaces and not much else.  All in all an enjoyable drive (at least for me, I was kicked back in my recliner passenger seat).  I did have to get up every once in a while for some refreshments for the driver – it’s a hard life.








This is our view from the front window this evening.



We started seeing cactus about halfway through our trip today.  Lots of big ones here at the park.



Greg came out of the office after registering telling me about the home cooking at the café here at the campground – homemade biscuits and real mashed potatoes.  He was pretty sure the potatoes would win me over because I don’t like instant potatoes.  I could tell it wasn’t going to be a heated up leftovers kind of night. 



When we are doing quick one night stops just to get miles covered I usually don’t get too involved with cooking, usually just leftovers or something quick like a sandwich and potato salad.  This was a long day of travel so not having to do dishes sounded appealing to me.  We tried the pork ribs and the chicken fried steak – very good.  We have to get to Mesa quick so we can eat healthy again!!!



We are in for the evening watching the Cubs and Indians game – GO CUBS!!!

1 comment:

  1. We always enjoy that drive and always stay at the Ft. Stockton RV Park --- a good place. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete