Monday, April 6, 2015

Arizona, Mesa - Monday, April 6, 2015 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


Our hearts are sad this evening.  We just heard that son David and grandkids Wyatt and Cheyanne lost their puppy.  Although Rascal was with them only a short time he had become a much loved companion.  Sending hugs to Kansas.
 
 
We worked today, we have this week and next to go.  The number of people coming into the grill is greatly reduced now, lots of people have left the resort and headed home.  One of the Red Hat Ladies groups met for lunch today – their last hurrah for the season.  But, that means one group, nineteen different checks and all of them talking at once J.  The first time they came in I was kind of intimidated wondering if I would get it right, but we’ve done it a few times now and it doesn’t bother me anymore.

We walked through the resort last night and I’ll bet there are less than 50 RVs left on site.  Still lots of pretty blooms around.
 
 
 

 

We’ve pretty much completed our big projects for a while.  We’ve been packing some things to get ready to move.  I’ve been doing some in-depth cleaning.  I get in that mood a couple of times a year and get out the Q-tips and flashlight and go looking for dirt no one would probably ever see, go figure, Greg just shakes his head and stays out of the way.
I got the Christmas candleholders done (the ones I started on 18 years ago).  I know how long ago it was because the receipt was still in the box with the paints – which were still ok after all that time.

 
Our Good Luck Bamboo plant started looking a little droopy so I went on Pinterest to check out what might be wrong.  A couple of things stood out:  (1) you are supposed to take them out of the container you buy them in, (2) the water is supposed to be changed every week or two.  I bought this poor plant 8 to 10 years ago and it is still in its little container it came in (see the little green container in the middle of the pot) and I just add more water when it got low, I never did change it – who knew?
 
 
 
Greg busted it out of its little pot, we washed off the roots and separated them.
 
 
There was just a small amount of damage to the ends of the shoots so Greg got out the pipe cutter – those little rascals are tough – and cut off a half inch or so.
 
 
It’s now back in a bigger container surrounded by rocks for stability and believe it or not, it has really perked up J.  In my defense, I did keep its leaves dusted over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment