Thursday, January 29, 2015

Arizona, Mesa - Thursday, January 29, 2015 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO SON A.J.
We’ve finished our work week and are working on the valances again.  Today we finished the one in the kitchen.
 
 
And the remaining one in the hallway.  From this picture you can see how the grey/beige color scheme in the valances is going to tie in with the tile wall we did behind the TV.  We hope to get the remaining four windows done in the next three days.



I’ve also spent some time on my quilting projects, I’ve finished two more squares that will go into my “sampler” quilt.
 
 
 
I also learned how to put a binding on the table runner I’m making to add to our Christmas decorations for next year.  I have to finish the back side of the binding by hand – that’s tonight’s project while watching television.
 
 
It’s raining again tonight, it rained Tuesday and is supposed to rain through Saturday.  I guess it is supposed to dry out for the Super Bowl but I’m sure the downtown vendors and the Super Bowl Experience folks were hoping for good weather this weekend.  The people we work with who are fulltime Arizona residents can’t believe how many days it has rained this year – I’m telling you, it follows us J.

Just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible, a novel by Barbara Kingsolver.  It’s a story told by the wife and four daughters of a fierce evangelical Baptist who takes his family and mission to the Belgian Congo in 1959.  The book was given to me by daughter, Robyn.  It’s probably more “literary” than what I usually read, but I enjoyed it.  I tend to go for mysteries and what I call “feel good” books, probably with no literary value at all but I read for enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment