Friday, January 23, 2015

Arizona, Mesa - Friday, January 23, 2015 - Val Vista Villages RV Resort


On Thursday there was a resort Manager’s Happy Hour with free beer and wine and a free meal of pulled pork sandwich with barbeque beans, potato salad and a cookie.  We were talking with the manager during the event and he said there were 1700 tickets picked up but they had prepared for 1800.  For these events you need to pick up a ticket at the activities office so they will have at least an approximate head count ahead of time.  We were able to snag a prime seat.
There was a lot of drinking (good thing everyone is within walking distance).
 
 
And a lot of dancing.
 


 The band for the evening was called North Star.  Two of the guys are from Canada, the other one is from Arizona.  I think the lead singer is out in the crowd.
 
 
One of our friends here gave us some oranges from the tree at his site.  They smell and taste so good. 


This is my current craft project – a quilt sampler.  Since I am a beginning quilter I thought this class would be good for me.  This is the start of 12 different quilt blocks that will go into the sampler.


I got two of the blocks done during this Wednesday’s session.



Greg’s latest DIY project was upgrading our bathroom faucet.

Before
 
After.  Now I have to figure out how to fix the chips in our sign.
 
 
We are still working on our new window valances.  Three are done, we hope to finish another two this weekend. 

We took a break in working on the valances this morning to go across the street to the grocery store.  We were standing discussing whether we wanted ham or sausage for breakfast next week when a man on a motorized scooter came up beside me and said, “Ma’am, thank you for wearing that shirt”.  Now no one ever comments on my clothes because I have a pronounced lack of fashion sense so I had to look down to see what I had on.  Then he said, “I was a POW”.  This is what I was wearing, one of the Rolling Thunder Indiana Chapter One shirts that we wore when we participated in a demonstration ride into Washington, D.C.
 
 
I was inclined to hug him but thought that might not be appropriate so we settled for shaking his hand and thanking him for his service.  You never know when you might make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment