Thursday, July 17, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Thursday, July 17, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


This week we went through the totes we brought home from the storage unit, decided what to keep and what was going to goodwill.  On Wednesday we took all of the empty totes to daughter Desira, she has so many projects going on she is always needing totes so it worked out well for all of us.  Next year we’ll tackle a few more.
One of the things I found in the totes was a project I started 18 years ago – two Christmas candle holders.  I know it was 18 years ago because the receipts were still in the box.  The paint I bought for them is still good!  I need to get these ceramic pieces cleaned so they can be fired.  It may be this time next year when I’m able to pick them up and paint them, but after 18 years what’s a few months more.  I worked on one of them this afternoon and after I took the picture I noticed a few more areas I still need to clean up.


Last night we met Greg’s sisters, Susan and Linda and their husbands David and Rex, for supper at Sahm’s in Pendleton.  We had a great time catching up with them, their kids and grandkids.  Our time here is flying by and we haven’t worked in as much visitation time with family and friends as we would like, but we have enjoyed tremendously what time we have been able to spend with them.
I was at the doctor bright and early this morning for my checkup – all my numbers came out good.  The only thing I have left is getting my osteoporosis medication administered.  Greg is finished with everything but the dentist appointments.  He has another one on Monday.  All in all we are in pretty good shape, we just need to lose some weight L, we are getting ready to work on that.

This afternoon we said goodbye to a wonderful family friend, Rex Etchison.  While we were at the showing Greg and daughter Amanda met up with many old friends from when they lived in Frankton.  It’s always nice to see that they are remembered fondly by so many people.
When Amanda dropped us off at home we loaded up our two folding RV bicycles so she could take them to her house.  We’ll pick them back up again next week but we have an appointment next Wednesday to have the engine checked out on the coach and we can’t put them on the back of the coach where we had them because the engine wouldn’t be accessible.  We have the bicycles for sale, I’m not going to try riding again – I just beat myself up too bad trying to relearn to ride while we were in Florida.  You really can forget how to ride a bicycle.  I can’t believe my osteoporosis is too bad or I think I would have broken something when I was falling all over that bike J.

No comments:

Post a Comment