Sunday, July 6, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Sunday, July 6, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


Well our plan to watch fireworks from the campground didn’t work out.  We could hear them all around, but couldn’t see a darn thing.  We spent the 4th of July last year sitting on the Capitol steps in Washington, D.C. – hard to beat that.  We’ve heard of a prime watching spot for next year.
Yesterday we helped daughter Desira get ready to go to the Indiana State Trap Shoot.  She will have a booth there in addition to being the on-site EMT.  We folded 198 T-shirts for her.  We’ll be going up Saturday to see her and Dan shoot and then join them for the shooter’s dinner that night.  Hope the weather holds out for them.

I’ve been going through a couple of totes of cookbooks we brought back from the storage unit.  I’ve picked out a few to take with me on the road this year for a closer look, the rest are headed out to a new home.  I think I still have two more totes full of them in the storage unit to go through next year.
This afternoon we had a good visit with our great grandson, Braxton.  Here’s a picture of the little “living room wrecker”.  He’s too busy with his toys to have too much to do with us, but he did give me a kiss and a hug when we got ready to leave, made my day.
 
 
Thought I would pass along this tip for anyone having trouble with dry skin.  Don’t know if it is old age or the fact that I am outside more, but my usual body lotion just wasn’t helping my arms and legs anymore.  I had bought this conditioner for my hair and didn’t really like it so it was just sitting in the cabinet.  I thought the other day about all of the fancy oils it was supposed to have in it and decided I would give it a try on my skin.  It works great, it isn’t sticky or greasy.  Now in addition to the oils it has several things I can’t pronounce so if anyone knows of why I shouldn’t be doing this, let me know – otherwise I’ll be buying some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment