Saturday, November 23, 2013

Alabama, Gulf Shores - Saturday, November 23, 2013 - Gulf Breeze RV Resort


Greg gave up biscuits, gravy and eggs this morning to stay home and have pecan pancakes and sliced bananas with me.  The campground has a breakfast a couple of times a month and today was biscuits and gravy day.  I would have eaten a biscuit, but the pancakes and bananas were probably better for us.
After I took a shower this morning, we took a walk around the campground and as we were coming back home, Greg says “let’s get the bike off the lift, the grass was wet this morning and it might be hard to get off if it rains”.  The sites have concrete pads for the RVs but our lift hangs over that and comes down in the grass.  Sounded like a good idea.

When the bike came off the lift there was a very small incline that he backed down.  Well, it was just enough of an incline that the back tire started to spin when he tried to pull forward, it bit down into mud and he couldn’t go anywhere.  He was on the bike so he couldn’t see what was happening, he thought it was just the incline causing him problems and turned to look at me for a push.  I knew what was going to happen the minute I stepped behind that bike, and it did.
It was definitely a missed photo op.  I was covered with mud by the time he got out on the road.  As he pulled out on the road he turned to look at me and the look on his face was like “what the heck happened to you”.  As I walked across the patio back to the coach globs of mud were dropping off of me.  It was back to the shower for a second time.

The Gulf Breeze RV Resort where we are staying is very nice.
 
 
 
The office has a small store (with ice cream bars)
 
 
Rates are $210 for the week for full hook ups.  This is our view from site 35.


There is an outdoor pool.


An indoor hot tub and pool.  There was a lady in the indoor pool and I promised her I wouldn’t take a picture of it.


They have a lot of activities going on right now.  Not sure if they happen all year round or just when the snowbirds are here.  They have exercise class, quilting, line dancing, karaoke, cribbage, euchre and bingo to name a few. 

Some of the activities take place here in the pavilion.
 
Others take place in the clubhouse.


I think this would be a good place to consider for RV rallies.  The clubhouse also has a well equipped kitchen.  This is taken through the window since it was locked, so not a really good shot.
 
I’ll be checking out the library tomorrow.  I have 5 books I’ve read, need to trade them for some others.
 
The lake is a catch and release lake.


They have a float they use in a Christmas parade.  I noticed on the calendar they will be having a bake goods and craft sale for Christmas items also.  They have 200+ sites here, there are just a few empty so it looks like a popular spot for folks wanting to spend the winter in a warmer climate.


It was in the mid 60s today, warm enough to sit outside for a while.

This park is located 4 miles from the public beaches on the Gulf.  There is lots of shopping and places to eat, all in all a very nice place.

No comments:

Post a Comment