Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New York, Batavia - Wednesday, June 12, 2013


Today is a transition day, we are leaving Niagara Falls and heading a little closer to Syracuse where we have to check in early in the morning.  We had a late breakfast and got out a jar of the homemade strawberry/rhubarb jam that Desira made, it was wonderful.  We are out of the heavier traffic areas of Niagara, Grand Island and Buffalo and are headed east on I-90.  We stopped at Flying J and topped off fuel and water and dumped tanks.  If you are traveling in an RV, you definitely need a Pilot/Flying J Advantage card.  It gives $.03 off on fuel and the dump station is only $5 instead of $10.

This picture is for those of you who wondered how we would get groceries.

 


 

We’ve stopped at the Wal-Mart in Batavia, NY and are taking advantage of their overnight parking (yes, we are eventually going to get to some campgrounds).  Greg thinks the retention pond we are parked next to has a bullfrog in it – maybe we won’t sleep with the windows open this evening.

I spent some time making adjustments to our blog site.  I looked at my Blogging for Dummies book again last night, it made more sense than the last time I read it.  I gave up the first time and decided to just try doing the blog on my own.  Obviously, I haven’t quite got it mastered.  Maybe with practice it will start looking as good as some of the others I have seen.

Greg did a little cleaning and polishing on the outside of the coach so we would make a nice first impression tomorrow.  Seems like no matter where we stop someone always comes up and asks about the lift we have on the back for the motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment