Sunday, June 16, 2013

New York, Syracuse - Sunday, June 16, 2013 last day of the Rally


HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!  To all the Dads out there, but especially to my Dad, Bob; my husband, Greg and all of our wonderful sons and sons-in-law and this year we need to add our grandson.  Our grandchildren and great-grandson have wonderful fathers and we are very thankful for that.

Greg participated in the special “Salute to Veterans” they had here at the Rally today.  It was really a very moving presentation to see all of the veterans in each of the branches of the armed service in formation behind the flag representing their branch.

 


This evening’s entertainment was “The Vogues”, a group from the sixties – right up our alley.  I think everyone in the audience could relate to those songs.  Even after all these years those guys still have great voices.  I didn’t get any pictures, the event had to be moved inside because of rain and there was no big screen.

I did manage to fix a special supper for Father’s Day.  Chicken Picatta (not sure I spelled that right – its chicken with a lemon pan sauce), green beans and homemade cranberry sauce.  Later on they had another fireworks display.  This one was much bigger than the one last night.  I’m a big fan of fireworks so that was a perfect way to end my evening.

 


We are packing up to be ready to travel to York, Pennsylvania tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment