Sunday, July 1, 2018

Nebraska, Valentine - Saturday, June 30, 2018 - Fishberry RV Park



We needed a spot to stay that was about halfway between North Platte, NE and Rapid City, SD, that would be Valentine, NE.



There were a few RV parks in the area but the only one we would fit in was Fishberry RV Park.  Nothing fancy, but it served its purpose.  We were kind of tired this morning after our busy day on Friday.  The wind Friday night was fierce, felt like we were back in Kansas.  When it is strong enough to rock us there is some pretty strong wind going on.



The campground has a couple of small ponds.  This windmill against the coming storm clouds was kind of pretty.



There is a nice shelter house here.  Several tent campers were setting up as I was walking around taking pictures.  I wondered at the time if they had bothered to look at the weather forecast or had looked at the sky.  About a half hour after I went by here it started to sprinkle just a bit and then suddenly torrential rain and winds hit with a vengeance.  Those were some hardy campers, they were still there this morning.  This is why when people refer to us as “campers” I think that is probably insulting to all real campers.  We travel, we don’t camp.  I think we have had three campfires in the over seven years we have been on the road and that was when the grandkids paid us a visit – it was for show.  I’ve never cooked over a fire and don’t intend to sleep anywhere but in my bed.  I admit it, I’m a wimp and I admire those campers for what they do.



We did some planning for some future trips.  I made chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes for supper.  We rode out the storm and called it a night.

Our trip north to Valentine led us through the Sand Hills area of Nebraska.  These grass covered sand dunes make for some beautiful scenery.








No comments:

Post a Comment