Saturday, July 28, 2018

Montana, Missoula - Sunday, July 22, 2018 - Jellystone Park



We will be staying the week in Jellystone Park in Missoula, MT. I’ve never stayed in any of the Jellystone Parks.  This one looks nice, not right up on top of your neighbors, well-kept, I think I will enjoy our stay here.  We actually won’t be here too much of the time.  Starting Tuesday we will be in Lolo, MT, about 30 minutes away, most of the time every day participating in square dance classes or evening dances.



There was lots of mountain driving today, I don’t remember the name of the first range we crossed, but the Rockies always get my attention.





See that white figure way up at the top of the mountain?  That is Our Lady of the Rockies in Butte, MT.  Greg is indulging me tomorrow and driving 2 hours back from Missoula to spend another two hours taking the tour to the top of the mountain to view this and then driving another 2 hours back home.  There wasn’t any kind of sign along the interstate that I noticed telling about the presence of this statue.  I first found out about it on Pintrest and have done some more research since then.  I’ll give more details about it in tomorrow’s post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment