Tuesday, May 1, 2018

South Dakota, Sioux Falls - Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - Tower Campground


We left Nebraska at 8:30 this morning.  At some point during the night the winds let up and they are at a manageable level this morning.  Nebraska has more hilly ground than I remember from our last time through.



We are chasing a storm this morning, not trying too hard to catch up.



Getting ready to cross the Missouri River into Iowa.



Okay, I’m getting better, I managed to get the whole sign this time, but you can barely read it.  Reaction time is good, focus is bad.



Seeing Old Glory flying always makes me smile.



We saw quite a few farmers in the fields in Iowa, we wondered if the soil temperature was up to planting standards.  The rivers and streams actually have water in them here – we’ve seen a lot of dry river beds on this trip.

South Dakota state line – got it right this time, but I have to admit I took it from a ways off and edited it for a close up.



South Dakota, land of pink roads.  This road just has pink borders.  I took this one because I wanted to show the contrast.



When I take a picture of an all pink road you don’t notice how pink it is in a picture unless you have the contrast.



Farm ground in South Dakota is black dirt, looks a lot different from the sandy soil in Kansas and the clay soil in Indiana.  The medians and road sides are nice and trimmed green because they bale the grass off of them later in the year.  You can be driving along and see big round bales sitting all over the place in the medians and alongside the road.



We will be here until Sunday morning.  We have appointments to get our driver’s licenses renewed tomorrow.  We plan to square dance on Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment