Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Indiana, Markleville - Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - Crappy Indiana Roads


We are back in Indiana after our short trip to Illinois.  We have traveled in 36 of the 48 lower states and I truly believe that Indiana has the worst roads we have been on.  If we didn’t have beloved family and friends here I would vote for avoiding Indiana altogether.  I know there is a lot of traffic on our roads, we are the Crossroads of America.  But, I would think that the poor state of our roads would deter tourists from visiting our wonderful small towns and businesses from moving here.  Once they have experienced Indiana roads I’m almost certain that they would want to just get through the state as quickly as possible and not come back.  As we were coming around Indianapolis on I-70 this happened.  Keep in mind we have air ride suspension and brand new tires on our coach and Greg doesn’t drive fast, but that road was still beating the *&% out of us!!



I know it is kind of hard to see the picture since I am shooting it into the sun.  One of the two motorized blinds that cover our front window shook loose from its fastener and fell diagonally across the windshield.  We were lucky that it didn’t hit the windshield and break it out.  I can’t print Greg’s reaction to this.

There was a happy ending, the blind went back up easily.

Another word to the wise for those of you who travel in an RV.  Make sure the cleaner bottles that have an option of “on” or “off” by turning the nozzle have been turned to “off”.  I missed doing that with one of ours and as we bumped along the bottle was hitting against one of the others and sprayed all over our utility closet – smelled good but was kind of sticky to clean up.



Last Saturday we attended the 50 year reunion of a twirling group I belonged to in high school.  In 1966 we won the National Championships in Grand Rapids, MI.  It was great to see everyone again.  This is when we won the championship, I am the one holding the trophy.

We lined up again (with just 4 of us missing).  I’m in the front row, second from the left.  50 years have changed us but they are still a great bunch of spunky ladies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment