Saturday, December 5, 2015

Arizona, Mesa - Saturday, December 5, 2015 - Christmas Decorations


It’s a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit when the temperature is in the mid 70’s but I’m not going to complain at all.  We bought this wreath last year and it has been in the “basement” since then.  I was surprised, I just had to fluff the bow and it was good to go again.  We decided the coach could wear these hats this year.  We tried to wear them one day last year while we worked – that didn’t work, too darned hot!
 
 
The little orange tree in front of our site got a few fake snowflakes.  We strung some icicle lights and snowflakes on the awning over the patio but I think travel has been a little rough on the lights, we need to make a run to Lowe’s for replacements since less than half are lighting up.


Most of our inside decorations are on this wall since we have room for the garland above this slide out.  All of the ornaments we have collected as part of our travels hang from the garland.  This worked out nicely since there isn’t any room for a tree to hang them on.


Those of you from Pendleton, Indiana might recognize the building in the picture, it is the elementary school that was torn down many years ago.



My Pinterest exploring does pan out sometimes with more than just recipes.  I saw this window decoration last year and had to recreate it.
 
 
Yes, we still have one of these.  I keep seeing on Facebook people asking “do you remember these?” – stop it, it is making me feel old J


The dashboard trays have some of our smaller decorations – the reason for the season, a mini nativity scene. 


These Precious Moments Christmas figurines are some the kids have given me over the years.


The Longenberger baskets ride on the shelf above the refrigerator all year long but they needed a little holiday touch.  This teddy bear that daughter Desira made for me also rides up here all year long but his red and green coloring works perfect for right now.


The kitchen angel keeps watch over everything.  She’s also up there all year long, I need all the help I can get.


We actually did our decorating yesterday but we went square dancing last night and I was too tired to write the blog.  We are having a great time getting to know new people and getting some exercise as a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment