Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Oregon, Tillamook - Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Return to Oceanside



After breakfast this morning we went back for a final walk on the beach at Oceanside.  Early in the morning it isn’t hard to find a parking spot.



When we were here before I didn’t notice the door in the cliff at the end of the beach.



This sign just says “falling rocks”.  A lady was coming out of the door as we were walking up and I asked her what was in there.  She said it was a tunnel to another beach that was really rocky.  We looked in and could see the other end so we started through.  At this point we didn’t know what the beach on the other side looked like but the floor of the tunnel had lots of big rocks in it and it was dark.



At the other end was a sharp drop off out of the tunnel that I wasn’t sure I could handle so I took a couple of pictures and we headed back.



Back out beside the cliff I find these flowers clinging to the side pretty amazing.



There is a lot of sand here.  We picked up some rocks and shell pieces along with some sand for the decorative trays we usually have on the dash.



I could sit and listen to the waves all day, I think I have said that before.  My favorite place is to be around water - I just don't want to be in it.



We stopped briefly at Netarts Bay.  These sea gulls were taking in all of the amateur boaters loading up at the dock.



Pelican Brewing Company in Tillamook was our stop for lunch.  The cheese curds were good, but I have had better fish and chips, the fish was panko breaded and a little too well done.



Lots of shiny stainless steel inside.  They need to post some information about what is taking place inside the tanks, there are a lot of them and for all I know the same thing I happening in all of them.



We’ll be leaving here tomorrow taking a couple of days to make our way to Idaho Falls where we will spend another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment