Thursday, November 24, 2016

Arizona, Mesa - Thursday, November 24, 2016 - Val Vista Villages


HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE ALL OF YOU IN OUR LIVES!!

We made my favorite thing for Thanksgiving dinner – carry out!!  I know that sounds like I don’t like to cook, I do and I do a lot of it.  We just didn’t want the temptation of leftovers so we opted to order one serving for each of us from a local restaurant, Midwestern Meats.  This is a restaurant, meat market and bakery all in one building.  It features beef from Iowa.  Our lunch today consisted of baked turkey and a scoop of dressing and one of mashed potatoes with some really tasty gravy, delicious green beans and a roll from the restaurant.  Our homemade contribution was cranberry sauce and a bottle of my favorite bubbly wine.  The dinner also included slices of pumpkin pie and soup.  We are saving the soup to have with some shrimp cocktail for supper tonight.



I haven’t posted in a while, we haven’t been doing much blogworthy.  We are working one day a week for five hours each.  This takes care of our site and utilities.  Our hours are supposed to increase to twelve hours a week for each of us after the first of the year.  We are square dancing 4 times a week, which will increase to 6 times a week in mid-December.  We are taking lessons for the next level of dancing – kind of mind boggling at times.  Greg is better at this than I am.

I’ve attended a genealogy class a couple of times and last night attended one of the quilting group’s meetings.  I need to get my unfinished projects out and start on them again.

We’ve done a couple of things to spruce up the Jeep, we bought new seat covers and matching floor mats.



Also had to buy an add-on step for me, my short legs just couldn’t maneuver in since it has big tires.  People kept telling us the motorcycle was dangerous, we were going to get hurt.  Well, in all the years that motorcycle was our only means of transportation I never got hurt.  The first week with the Jeep I hurt my knee trying to get in.  It’s fine now but Greg knew it hurt because I accepted having an ice pack on it.  That’s when he went online looking for a step for shorty.


1 comment:

  1. Happy thanksgiving weekend Diane and Greg! I so enjoy your blog, though I do not read it every time you post. Love the Jeep! and love that you get to work a short time to pay your site fees! how cool for you and them! take care, so glad we got to chat at the reunion. Chris Dunmire Caddell

    ReplyDelete