Friday, May 6, 2016

Utah, Richfield - Friday, May 6, 2016 - Richfield KOA Campground


We’ve stopped for the evening at the KOA in Richfield, we fit nicely into lot B2 and we have a straight shot out of here in the morning.  Greg is happy because the trees are open enough on this lot that he can get TV reception.  We stopped at the Wal-Mart in Richfield earlier today.  We haven’t made a stop for a major grocery stock up since we left Mesa on April 15.  I was glad they had some really good produce, I’m usually unhappy with Wal-Mart produce sections, this one was a pleasant surprise.



Our second nice surprise was the Richfield KOA.  We normally don’t stay at KOA campgrounds, some are older and need some maintenance.  I admit we haven’t gotten out to check out the pool, etc. – I’ve been washing produce.  But, the campground appears to be very well kept and there are so many lilac trees around that the whole campground smells like lilacs.


We left Long Valley fairly early this morning.



Since this mountain is to the east of us, I’m hoping we don’t have to go over it.  Greg says he thinks there is more snow on it this morning than yesterday.



The Sevier River follows alongside Hwy 89 and we were able to enjoy it until we got to I-70.  The river meanders back and forth across the meadows and beside the mountains.  I looks kind of strange though because it flows north.



Mountain scenery along Hwy. 89 going north.







I forget the name of this small town but I thought the flowering trees all along its main street were so pretty.



We passed a sign that said “Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort”.  This seemed to be the predominant mountain in the area so I assume it is “Big Rock Candy Mountain”.



We saw a very nice bike trail running along Hwy. 89.  It came into view at various places but I’m not sure what the rest of the route ran through.



These snow white mountains were at the intersection of Hwy. 89 and I-70.  I assume they are made of limestone.



It never fails when we pull into a Wal-Mart, we pick a place that is far away from other vehicles so we can maneuver out easily.  It seems the front of our coach is very inviting.  We usually come out to find that someone could have picked from scads of other parking places but they pick the one right in front of us.  By the time I took this picture Greg was already backing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment