Sunday, January 10, 2016

Arizona, Mesa - Sunday, January 10, 2016 - Sewing Project


So far for the new year the weather here has been rainy and cold so we haven’t been out and about doing much.  I realize that “cold” is relative to where you are so maybe I shouldn’t complain about the low 50’s.  The one exception was yesterday, it got up into the 60’s with some sunshine.  It was nice enough that we walked across the street and deposited some money into the Powerball fund.  I’m sure that is money we will never see again.

Today I took a class on making a clutch/wallet.  I was pretty satisfied with the finished product.  This first one took 3 hours.  The instructor says you can do them in less than an hour once you are used to making them.  My intention is to give this one to Desira to use in the silent auction for the 2016 Shoot for the Cure – that is if she wants it.  I bought a couple of different kinds of material thinking I might make some more if I was satisfied with this one.
 


Tickets for the Cubs Spring Training games went on sale yesterday at 10:00.  Greg managed to get us a couple but the really good seats must have gone in the first 10 minutes.

Hopefully, the weather is nice enough tomorrow that we can go square dance

No comments:

Post a Comment