Friday, April 4, 2014

Indiana, Anderson - Friday, April 4, 2014 - Timberline Valley RV Resort


Wow is it ever windy!  We have sustained winds at 26 mph and gusts at around 40 mph, but those gusts are coming pretty close together.  Central Indiana currently has flood and wind warnings out, looks like Spring is just around the corner.  Lots of campers coming into the campground this evening.  I know we wouldn’t want to be on the road in this wind.
We have TV again.  It’s a good thing they secured the tripod when they installed it. 

Daughter Desira called this morning asking if I wanted to go to Winchester with her to get some pies from Wick’s Pie Company.  I didn’t have anything special going on, but even if I did I would have put it on hold to spend time with her.  We had lunch in the restaurant at Wick’s and then picked out several pies to take home with us.  Greg ordered a sugar cream pie which is their signature pie and I guess the official pie of Indiana.  A gooseberry pie caught my eye.  I used to grow gooseberries and make my own pies, but gooseberry bushes don’t fit into our lifestyle now.  The pies come frozen and you bake them at home, this one looks pretty good, I’ll let you know later how it tastes.
 
 
I’m still in my “rearranging” mode.  I decided that I didn’t like the two baskets that contained our travel brochures.  We refer to these quite a bit when we are planning our travels.  We usually pick them up at RV shows and rallies and I like to keep the best ones.  Since we didn’t have TV for a couple of days we had to get out the movie boxes.  I looked at the boxes and realized I had a couple of nice looking black leather covered boxes that had been stuck in a cabinet-what was I thinking!  I think the brochures will fit nicely and I have just the spot for them.  Only problem is since I am putting the movies back in the cabinet without the boxes Greg is going to have to do some work on the shelf.  I find it amazing that some of the cabinetry has such excellent workmanship and then you find a shelf that barely reaches between the shelf supports.  I’m thankful that he can fix all of my little annoyances.

No comments:

Post a Comment