Monday, March 3, 2014

Florida, Moore Haven - Monday, March 3, 2014 - M RV Resort


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDDAUGHTER CHEYANNE!!!

We had planned to go to Sanibel Island today for some shell hunting.  But, we decided that I probably didn’t need a full day in the sun.  I got quite a sunburn on Saturday when we went to the baseball game even though I was wearing SPF 50 sunscreen.  From now on we will probably be running into Spring Break crowds on the beaches so we’ll have to go early in the morning when we finally do get over to the island.
Temperatures have been in the mid to upper 80s everyday, the humidity varies from wonderful to pretty muggy.  We have been enjoying one of these most days.  It’s a pint mason jar with frozen wine “slushy”.  It is very refreshing on a hot afternoon.  I have some half pint jars and that would probably be enough to cool us off, but the pint jars fit really well in a soft drink can koozie.
 
 
To make a wine slushy:  Mix 2 oz. wine (right now we are using key lime wine, last week it was black current, I think any wine would be pretty good), 2 oz. margarita mix and 2 oz. water in each pint mason jar.  Put the jars in the freezer.  When the mix is frozen, scrape and poke it with a fork to make it slushy and eat it with a spoon.
We rode into Clewiston to pick up a few groceries.  We finally found a pool noodle for me so I can enjoy the pool.  Swimming is another thing I didn’t conquer when I was younger.  Our grandson Jackson suggested I needed some “big girl swimees”.  Since I don’t think they make “swimees” that big, I settled for a pool noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment